Saturday, January 29, 2011

F************!




This day of photos was a hilarious summer day. Matt kept taking my picture without telling me, and I was being Melodramatic Karie, so there are 10 - 12 really humiliating pics on my computer of me being Karie. Click click click. Anyway...
...I have decided to reduce the frequency of the F-bomb in my life. It is becoming REDICULOUSLY COMMON. Okay, when one uses it as a verb (action word), it stands very nicely for action, and everyone likes the noun. It is the F word used as an adjective in casual or professional or friendly conversation that is really starting to annoy me. We use it in place of every other adjective. We are getting just like the Brits. Okay, the point is that I am making a point of using the F word way less, like not in the outside world at all. If you catch me saying it, correct me. Several examples are included below. The F word has been replaced by this:
1. What the ___________? means: I do not understand this situation. Please explain.
2. This is _____ed. means: This is really disappointing and a little surprising.
3. She/He is so ______ing hot! means: She/He is so deliciously hot!
4. My ____ing shoelaces suck! means: Mom, I am not prepared to buy my own shoelaces or deal with my life out there in the real world. Save me. Pay for my shoelaces. Help.
And continue on thusly, filling in the blanks with more descriptive words.. Feel free to submit on facebook or here, your own replacements for the F bomb, to help me stop saying it. It's not cute. But prominent and addictive, yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment