Saturday, January 15, 2011

Delicious, Beautiful Food







Geoff above. Then burgers. Then chefs at loungeburger.
Lately I have been forgetting to eat. Friday I had a protein shake. And 1/2 cup of leftover salad. And then didn't think about eating again. All day. All night. This is very odd because I used to be obsessed with planning my next delicious meal ALL THE TIME. I woke up today and the scale was way too low. Those who have known me forever know this is odd, but my brain is just full of other thoughts. Anyway, today I decided to have a food day and try to have all the things I like most, come what may. I went to COOP as soon as it opened and bought turkey sausages and gluten free bread. Came home and made basted eggs like I learned from Emeril years ago (yolks still runny, yum), turkey sausages, toast with melted cheddar, and mom's amazing crab apple jelly from her own trees. Then Matthew and I had plans to meet his good friend Geoff for a late lunch. Let me tell you that it is exciting and frightening to go out to eat with two chefs. I am picky. They are...on a whole different plane. But not jerks about it. They just want it to be right. So Geoff said, let's try loungeburger. And off we went. It is not perfect, but it is EXCELLENT. And when we were unimpressed with little things, like the sauce on the edamame, the floor manager came over with sauce options and chatted us up. It is beautiful inside, super service, great decor and really comfortable, and BOOTHS. The best thing is all the options. They have burgers made of chicken, shrimp, portabellos, elk, lamb, veal, kobe beef, bison, many bun options, dozens of sauces, and lots of big screen tv's. Upscale burger joint. Love it. The thing no one knows about me is that burgers are my favourite thing on EARTH, though I never eat them. So today I had three mini-sliders (the buns made me sick, but who cares...pain is temporary). One was veal, one was bison, one was elk. They were prepared simply so that you could savour the distinct flavours of the meats, and came with exactly six waffle fries. Just enough to enjoy fries and not enough to feel badly about. I also ordered their mushroom bisque, which is another secret pleasure of mine. I love mushroom soup. It feels so right. Theirs was full of different types of mushrooms and finished with sherry. No fillers. No crap, just delicious pure ingredients. I am going back to try those meatballs that are on the menu at some point. Meatballs with goat cheese? HELLLLOOOOO!!!! Thanks for getting me there Geoff. You are a man of considerably excellent taste.

I am going to finish my day with a gorgeous tuna melt, which is another one of my favourite foods that I never eat, so I am off to make it with more melty cheese, lots of mayo, and drowning in black pepper. Tomorrow is family day (Chele and Ambi birthdays) with a lasagna prepped today that has almost TWO POUNDS OF MOZARELLA, RICOTTA, AND PARMESAN in it. And Caesar salad. And olives. And BIRTHDAY CAKE!!

Monday is back to protein shakes and salad because Tuesday is ballet (eek). :>
UPDATE @ 11:31pm: No tuna melt. Went to the High Performance Rodeo instead. Saw "In the Wake". HIGHLY recommend. Great acting, great physical theatre and movement. Not WEIRD or ABSTRACT or OFFENSIVE. Just innovative storytelling. I love it long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment