Friday, July 1, 2011

A big hole



I really don't know how people do it. School ends and kids and teachers seem so relieved and thrilled. Once again, I have the July 1st blues, and worse than ever this year. Between losing people close to me who are never coming back, and everyone I know flying willy nilly to visit friends and relatives, I feel totally abandoned and alone and it SUCKS! I spend 10 or more hours a day at work, and I have a family there. It's not like every day is perfect, or nothing bad happens, but we invest a lot of time and caring in each other. When my days suddenly become unstructured and I am left to re-establish my relationship with...well...my book shelf, I don't see what is so damned exciting, personally. I guess this is what happens when you are a workaholic and most of your relationships are workplace-based. Or there are people like my sister, who still has to go to work, and therefore can't fill the gap for me anyway. My hobby is really, really people. Taking care of them, spending time on them, pleasing them, finding ways to show my love for them. SO when they're gone, I have NO IDEA what to do. I usually go spend money on something or run away to a different city where I don't have to feel their absence. I this all very odd? I don't know anyone else who really goes through this like I do.

1 comment:

  1. Okay - so next summer schedule a trip for around this time and come down and see me :)

    ReplyDelete