Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Really F***king Good Friend

My friend whom we shall call *Mark* is a rocker and roller. I completely love him, and here is why:
- He is honest, but not too honest in dressing rooms. For example, he will NOT tell me that something makes me look fat, but he WILL ask me if I would like to try it in another size.
- He always notices when I have had my hair coloured, cut, style, or even washed, and comments on it.
- He understands why I am thrilled when people ask me if I am sick because I look so THIN... ("yes, I am one stomache flu away from my goal weight").
-He can recite several hilarious quotes from pop media on demand and in the perfect social situation so that everyone laughs their ass off.
- He always knows the next great song that is coming up and makes sure we all know it, so that by the time it is climbing the charts we are prepared.
- He makes people who are left out feel included.
- He always knows exactly what to buy you for Christmas or your birthday so that you feel like you have expensive and fashionable taste.
- He always has kind and generous things to say about the people that are driving you to drink.
- He makes everything - even shopping for broccoli - a fun game.
- He knows when to talk, and when not to.
- He doesn't let anyone wallow in despair.
- He has a completely infectious laugh that draws people to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment