Friday, March 4, 2011

Sam Tsui, Ethan, youtube


First things first: I kicked Matt's ASS at Playstation Tennis for hours tonight. Over and over again. This was monumental because I am CRAP at video games and can't play them. Ever. I am so pleased with myself. He won one match. I owned the rest. And then he practiced for a very long time while I went away and did other stuff. So it will never happen again. Oh well.


Now, down to business...I was getting a little carried away on facebook, so decided to switch to here. Blogs are so funny and absurd. I quote from the source of my last blog, Phantom:


This isn't a diary...not in the accepted sense of the term. I've no intention of sitting down dutifully each day to record tedious details of what I had for breakfast, which gown I ordered from my seamstress and who said what to who in the course of rehearsals. It's surely the height of vanity to assume anyone will want to read about your petty, unimportant life...I don't want anyone to read this document ever, for if they do I'll surely be locked up...


So Ethan (my 17-year-old brother) just comes along with little gems from time to time, out of no where that change my world. Ever since he was a baby we have had this surreal connection, and it has always continued. Age is a funny thing. He is 16 years younger than me, but one of my best friends, and one of the few people that I can talk to without any protective bricks blocking the most eccentric aspects of my personality. We just let it all hang out. So he sends me a youtube song, and I send him one, and he sends me this kid's cover of it, which blows me away. I started going gaga (no pun intended) on facebook, and hate those over-posters, so brought the overflow to the blog.



What was the world like before MASHUPS? I remember. It was cold and dark and lonely.




Okay, this one is Don't Stop Believing and the kid does all the parts! Apparently he auditioned for Glee and didn't make it. Why? Cause he's better than four of them together? I think so...And this is a Glee fan speaking!



This is For Good from Wicked, which I notice people on youtube think should be a grad song WHICH I have been saying for YEARS. I suggest listening to it, but not watching because Nick's making out with the mic is a bit much. A little over the top emotionally but sounds cool. Close your eyes.



Imagine: dedicated to victims of Jan 8 Arizona shooting. Gorgeous. Do you EVER get sick of listening to Imagine?



This one has great acappella instrumental vocals, too.


Ethan just asked me to spread the "No Autotune" message again. Sam doesn't use autotune. Vital to Ethan's appreciation of him as an artist.



And then, there is this whole war between Kurt and Jake, whoever they are. They battle it out playing music on weird, wild, wonderful, and silly instruments. There is a whole series of them. This one is Moonlight Sonata on CROCKenspiel. Too funny.


This is a problem. If no one hears from me for a week, send someone to pry me away from youtube. All these years I have kept away from it, only occasionally clicking on peoples' recommendations. Why? Because I knew I would have a problem. Back away, Karie. Just back away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment