Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inception & Moving Day

There are days that just make you think. About everything. And I already have that problem...thinking too much. Most people know that about me.
I finally finished watching Inception tonight. YUUUUUCK. I appreciate how brilliant it is, but I must be the only person on earth who HATES that movie. Like I needed to question reality MORE than I already do. Not to mention that it gets so LONG and BORING. And I don't give a damn about a single character, so I don't care what happens to them. No thank you.

The other thing that happened today was helping Mom and Ethan move. It is not that I mind this in the least. I love them so much and loved being able to help out. But every time I help with a move, I think about my reality. And basically I want to immediately go straight home, sell almost everything I own, and....what....I don't know. Just not have so many THINGS. Run away. I get overwhelmed by this every few months. I am just this way, and I have come to accept it, though have not totally learned how to live with it. I sometimes feel trapped by "stuff". I would like Carrie Bradshaw's apartment. 500 square feet, a huge closet full of beautiful clothes, a great bed, books, computer, and that's it. With a huge window overlooking a totally quaint street with bakeries and book shops and record stores. And a phone that is always ringing. Just a small home base where I can hang my hat in between adventures.

This makes me sound totally ungrateful, and I don't mean to. Sometimes I just want things to be simple. Plus, I know I am a little gypsy girl...always wanting to be loved, but always wanting to be free and roaming. "Stuff" just doesn't always jive with the gypsy parts of me.

Wow, I am complicated. Thanks for being my friend. It must be exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. What you need to keep in mind about Inception -

    #1 the music (Hans Zimmer) is just simply amazing (I bought the soundrack on iTunes the next day)

    and #2 - Tom Hardy is a very fine looking man :) I love just about everything he's in. Have you seen the most recent BBC Wuthering Heights?? And The Virgin Queen?? He is wonderful in both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the soundtrack was good. I will give you that.

    ReplyDelete