Friday, February 18, 2011

Waterslides & Heaven



For a few moments as I was flipping channels, I saw "My Girl" on one of those movie channels. At the beginning the little cutie describes heaven. For her, there are white ponies and friends. I had a sudden flashback, and remembered something.

I remember being on vacation with my parents. At the time, and to this day, I was in love with water. Loved to swim, and just be IN water, like a mermaid. That's what they called me. Anyway, I suddenly remembered the day that I SERIOUSLY said to my mother, "If there are no waterslides in heaven, I don't want to go there. There must be, don't you think?"

I just love the feeling of anticipation at the top of the slide, the adrenaline rush as I go down, and the sensation of the water hitting my flesh when I plunge in at the end. That is HEAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment