Monday, February 21, 2011

Nanton Adventures



My mom called me earlier and asked if I wanted to meet for lunch and a walk. She would drive north from Lethbridge and I would drive south from Calgary to Nanton. I suggested bringing our dogs to get them an extra shot of the outdoors too. Great plan, right?

Until about 30 minutes out of Calgary my BRAND NEW PASSENGER REAR TIRE GOES FLAT. Okay, this sucks, but I try to remain calm and call AMA. I get a recording which states I can either stay on HOLD on my cell phone, or they will call me back in 33 minutes. 33 minutes! I am in the shoulder of the highway with my dog! So have to swallow my pride and call Matt. After some convincing he agreed to be my knight in shiny KIA, came out and changed to the spare. Just when he arrives, AMA calls to say it will be about an HOUR! THere is no blizzard, like what is the deal?? I say ok, just in case we can't do the tire change ourselves for some reason. I hang up, Matt's done, and I am on my way down the road, now only capable of driving 90 the rest of the way. Over the next 20 minutes, AMA calls repeatedly and I try to figure out how to cancel the truck order. It got so silly that I finally talked to a manager and said, "You know, trying to get ahold of you guys is a gong show." Do you know they suggest that to cancel a truck order, you email them? Yah, I am going to send a freaking email from the shoulder of Hwy 2. Seems like a great little plan.

Anyway, finally did make it to Nanton. Wanted to show you a pic of the Wild Thyme Cafe where mom and I had lunch, but can't find one anywhere, nor do they have a web site. Someone needs to help with that: web designers out there get to it! It was pretty decent foodwise, and we even found a park for our walk and chat. Then putted back home on my sad little spare tire. Life is always an adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment