Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Search of Summer


I have been looking for summer for weeks now. To my American and Australian and Mexican freidns who live in places where it is warm: attention must be paid. Do you know how hard it is to find summer in Canada sometimes? And I do not understand it because when we were kids it seemed like summer was hot.
The weird thing is that the time we spent on the coast this year was some of the best weather we have seen. Calgary has been rainy or cold almost every day. The mosquitos are out of control.
Now anyone who knows me, knows that there are two things I hate: Cold and Mosquitos.
We tried to go to Moyie with Mom and Ethan. It seems like a nice place, but the day we got there, in rolls a storm and rain.
I swear to you that I am attracting this crap weather wherever I go. It has been happening for years now. I should go to the Kalahari. I'll make it rain in torrents. I have rain karma. Now some people might see this as a good thing, but not me.
If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that you can get to sunshine fast or inexpensively, declare your gratitude today! Personally over the past seven years I have spent...5 digits or so trying to snatch a few weeks of sunshine. I am off to go sun-hunting again. "Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Please shine down on me!"

1 comment:

  1. We have had an abundant summer. Sorry that yours has been so cold and rainy!

    ReplyDelete