Friday, September 7, 2012

More Qatar isms From the End of Week 2

This is one of the empty buildings that I referred to in my last blog. See through the windows? Nada. And it is not a new building. Doha is starting to have ruins, and it is only a few years old.

This is where I live right now. All the way up, four floors from the top. Yes, I lucked out where the view is concerned.

 Just another shot from the pool of my building. It was neato.

This is the glass exhibit from the Islamic Art museum at the beginning of the week.


I ate at this Indian restaurant at Hyatt Plaza Mall with Sigrid last night. It was the first Indian food I have managed to find. I know it is out there, because there are so many Indian people here, but I can't find it. Maybe because there are so many cultural influences to choose from.

I thought the DQ sign in Arabic was pretty amusing.

 Razor wire to keep out anyone who might want to attempt to play tennis on this rundown court.
 
I think the beige appliances are hilarious. I don't know why. Maybe because everything is BEIGE BEIGE BEIGE. Oh, and one other colour...SAND.

See?

1 comment:

  1. Love the commentary and pictures! The empty buildings seem like they'd be a bit eerie(?) at times.

    ReplyDelete