Thursday, July 8, 2010




What is this all about? It is a new dog groomer that my fabulous gorgeous sister told me about. This is a picture of me with my little black dog, Scoop, my fantastic sister, her cute honey, and Chica (the corgi chihuahua princess). Why is Muttley Crue on my blog today? Because my dog is bloody difficult and the lady who owns this grooming salon in Bridgeland is totally kind, generous, and talented. She is one of the B.I.G. items from yesterday. She is also gorgeous. I have never seen a more gorgeous pet groomer in all my life.
The other B.I.G. things that happened yesterday are: 1. An old man came up to me and started a conversation with me. How he managed this I will never know because I am SHY about strangers and insecure about making conversation. Most people would not know this about me. I know this because upon watching the video of my last birthday party I realized that I come off as aloof, snotty, and uncaring, when really I am just dying inside to have something funny to say. Anyway, back to the old man, I was re-reading Harry Potter on a bench waiting for my dog to be groomed and this guy will not stop trying to talk to me so I finally look up. Kindest, bluest eyes I have seen on a 70-ish face since my Grandpa died. Best spontaneous chat with a stranger EVER. I hope his surgery goes well and I wish I had asked his name so I could send him flowers or find out if he is ok. That is a lesson. Ask their name when someone changes your life; 2. Mom gave me the B.I.G. idea; 3. I decided to abandon road rage and I did it in rush-hour traffic, with my dog whining, on a drive that should have taken 20 minutes but took over an hour. I was really zen. You have to understand what this means for me. The day before I illegally passed a Lexus on my residential street so that I could get to the dog food store 5 seconds faster. I have not admitted this atrocity to anyone; 4. Because I am now zen in my car, I narrowly avoided killing a man just 2 hours later when I was on my way to try to rent a funny movie at Blockbuster. He was going into the liquor store, looking down at his iPhone. I would have squashed his iPhone, smeared his guts all over his $250 dress shirt, and been on the cover of The Herald, had it not been for the fact that I was practising my new art of courteous driving. Seriously, it is now a game to me to see how NICE I can be while operating a motor vehicle in the Road Rage Capital of Canada; 5. I found the nicest Starbucks barista ever at Bridgeland Starbucks. I know how significant this is, because I have worked at Starbucks and most of the time I just wanted to throw steaming hot cappuccinos into the faces of the customers. Lots of foam is more noticeable when you throw a beverage at someone.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Karie! Always good to hear from you. Thanks for the blog address - I'll be back often. Your dog looks really cute - post some more pictures so we can get a closer look.

    Miss you and hope all is well. Sorry about your bad day with the driving... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie you make me laugh so hard! Would love to enjoy a Starbucks sometime with you - even if it's in Bridgeland.

    ReplyDelete